Visit Chichen Itza, once the capital of the ancient Mayan civilization and recently declared as one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
The Chichen Itza ruins, founded in 514 AD, are steeped in a magical, mysterious history which includes bloody rituals, human sacrifice, a powerful warrior culture, astrological discoveries and elaborately constructed Maya-Toltec buildings.
Your tour begins with pick-up at between 7:00 and 8:00am from the lobbies of all major Hotels in the Riviera Maya and Playacar hotel zones.
Arriving in Chichen Itza, a guide will take you on a 2 hourtour of the ruins exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan civilization, sites you can visit include; The Observatory, Temple of the Thousand Warriors, Kukulkan Pyramid, the Ball Court, Cenote Xtolocand much more.
After yourvisit, you will have approximately 20 minutes free time before youhead to the Mayaland Hotel next to the archaeological site for a buffet lunch.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World
- Take a deeper look at Mayan culture
- Admission to Cenote Ik-Kil is included
- Roundtrip transportation, guided tour and lunch included
- Admission fee into the archaeological site is NOT included, and will be payable upon entrance. This is $254 Pesos which is only approximately £10 per Adult. Children between 3-13 years old need to pay only $85Pesos (approx. £3) for the entrance to the archeological sites.
- During the Equinox the Tour is extended by 1 hour to ensure we capture most of this special event.
- Duration: 13 HOURS.
- Tour departs between 7:00-8:00am .
- Tour runs daily.
- Buffet lunch included.
- Optional horseback riding add-on is available and payable in resort.
- It is suggested you take water and wear light, comfortable clothing, comfortable walking or hiking shoes, sunglasses, hat and biodegradable sun block.
- Roundtrip transportation available from all major Hotels in the Mayan Riviera hotel zone
- IMPORTANT: Admission fee into the archaeological site is NOT included, and will be payable upon entrance. This is $254 Pesos which is only approximately £10 per Adult. Children between 3-13 years old need to pay only $85Pesos (approx. £3) for the entrance to the archeological sites.
- Please note that during Summer time (usually from beginning of April until the end of October) the schedule will be amended by 1 hour: Departure and return time will be 1 hour earlier.