Relive the history of the Fatima Sanctuary, a must see destination of Portugal and a spiritual center for the Christian faith.
Leaving the Algarve, the tour heads north to the city of Fátima. At the first stop, you'll visit the Sanctuary of Fatima where the tombstones of Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco lie. You'll also visit the Chapel of Apparitions, the heart of the shrine. Everyone will have a chance to attend mass. Then, to better understand the life of the 3 little pastors, you will visit the house where they were born.
The tour continues in Valinhos to visit of the place where Our Lady of Fátima appeared for the 4th time on August 19th of 1917.
Finally, you will visit Loca do Anjo to see the place where the children, Francisco, Jacinta and Lucia, were visited on the first and third visits of the Angel in 1916 (Please note lunch is not included).
- Between November and February it is low season, and there are less customers on tours.
- Therefore, sometimes short distance Tours are operated in microbuses or minibuses.
- However, on long Tours like this,the agency reserves the right to request aminimum number ofpeople to operate the Tours (between 6 to 15 people).
- Trip runs on Thursdays onlyand will take approximately a full day.
- Pick up point and time will be confirmed to you once you’ve made your booking. However, pick up point is normally outside of your hotel reception.
- Pick up for clients staying in the following resorts; Praia da Luz, Lagos, Meia Praia, Alvor, Praia da Rocha, Portimao, Carvoeiro, Armacao de Pera, Albufeira (Salgados, Praia de Gale, Praia da Oura, Montechoro, Balaia, Olhos d'agua, Acoteias), Vilamoura and Quarteira.
- Arrival at Fatima is at approximately 11.30am spending around 5 hours there before departure at around 4.30pm.
- Please note that to enter religious buildings shoulders and knees should be covered.
- Children 0-2 years go free of charge.
- All prices are inclusive of taxes. Entrance Fees to some venues are payable locally.
- In Fatima the bus stops near the sanctuary.
- The sanctuary has easy access for wheelchair users. However the bus does have approx 5 steps for customer’s to climb aided/unaided.
- Please note that the bus only stops once on the way to the sanctuary.