From the Algarve we head towards Gibraltar, where we cross the border from Spain into British territory, where you can see British policemen, spend British money and enjoy the duty free shopping.!
Enjoy a short tour of the city and Punta Europa, followed by free timeand anoptionalminibus tour to the top of the famous Rock of Gibraltar itself, where you can take in the views of the Spanish and Moroccan coastlines (this is not included within the price and is payable locally).
During your free time you may choose to visit some of the the below popular attractions;
- The Trinity Lighthouse
- The Pillars of Hercules
- The Great Siege Tunnels
- The Moorish Castle
While on the rock should you choose to do the optionaltouryou will visit the Saint Michael caves, a dramatic natural grotto sometimes used as a venue for concerts and classical music performances.
- Departure from Algarve approximate 5.30- 6am depending on your hotel location; It takes approx. 5hr to reach Gibraltar.
- Arrival into Gibraltar 11.30am (Portuguese time)
- Departure from Gibraltar 16.00pm (Portuguese time)
- There is no toilets on the coach butthere will be two comfort stops on the way of around 20/30min each.
- Return time to hotel - from 21.30pm depending on hotel location.
- Optional ROCK Tour - 2hrs (paid locally- not included in the program)
- Between November and February it is low season, and there are less customers on tours.
- Therefore, sometimes short distance Tours are operated in microbuses or minibuses.
- However, on long Tours like this,the agency reserves the right to request aminimum number ofpeople to operate the Tours (between 6 to 15 people).
- Trip runs on TuesdaysONLY and will take approximately a full day.
- Pick up point and time will be confirmed to you once you’ve made your booking. However, pick up point is normally outside of your hotel reception.
- Western Area: Pick up for clients staying in the following resorts; Praia da Luz, Lagos, Meia Praia, Alvor, Praia da Rocha, Portimao, Carvoeiro, Armacao de Pera, Albufeira (Salgados, Praia de Gale, Praia da Oura, Montechoro, Balaia, Olhos d'agua, Acoteias), Vilamoura and Quarteira.
- Eastern Area: Pedras del Rei, Santa Luzia, Tavira, Cabanas, Pedras da Rainha,Altura and Montegordo.
- Please ensure to take your passport to cross the border.
- Please note that to enter religious buildings shoulders and knees should be covered.
- Children 0-2 years go free of charge.
- All prices are inclusive of taxes. Entrance Fees to some venues might be payable locally.
- This tour includes approximately 4 hours of free time on Gibraltar.