Our 2-day combination ticket of Yosemite National Park and Alcatraz is a great way to get the most out of your time in San Francisco!
You will enjoy one day at Yosemite National Park, where you will spend at least 5 hours, taking in the breath-taking scenery!
By only allowing a small number of guests on each tour, it gives you the best chance oflearning about the park and enjoying its breath-taking landscapes. In the Yosemite Valley we generally seeEl Capitan, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls andInspiration Point (aka Tunnel View.)
Unlike most tours, you will also be taken to a higher altitude and a lesser travelled part of Yosemite National Park. Here you will hike in the Evergreen Forest, giving you a unique opportunity tosee a grove of Giant Sequoia trees, the world's largest living things.
You will also enjoy a trip to Alcatraz Island a.k.a.''The Rock'' which isSan Francisco's most famous attraction. Alcatraz tickets sell out fast so it is recommended to make your reservations early!
Your Alcatraz Island tickets include a short ferry service from the centrally located Pier 33 Embarcadero Streetin the heart of San Francisco. Also included arethe award winning audio walking tour of Alcatraz Island and the cell-block tour, which features recorded interviews with inmates and guards who actually lived on Alcatraz Island. (It takes between 2 and 2 ½ hours to complete the full tour after which you can take a Ferry back at your leisure.)
Please note this is not an overnight tour. After your first day you will return to your hotel. It is then your duty to arrive at Alcatraz landing Pier 33 for your ferry ride to Alcatraz or meet your hotel transfer to Yosemite depending on your confirmed itinerary.
Pleasenote for Yosemite:The Giant Sequoias hike is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions, especially during October through to May. In instances where this part of the tour is not possible, more time will be allocated to other sights. (No refunds can be given if we cannot take you on this hike.)
Californian Law requires allchildren under the agesof EIGHT (8) to have a car safety seat on the Yosemite Tour. It will bethe responsibility of the PARENT to bring this. Failure to provide a safety seat for your child will result in the forfeit of that seat and no refundcan be given. Children under the age of EIGHT (8) who are taller than 4`9” may use a seat belt and do not need a safety seat.
Please note for Alcatraz: You must make your own way down to Alcatraz Landing located at Pier 33, Embarcadero Street. Please ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time at the Will Call Booth toredeem your voucher.
Tickets including Alcatraz are100% non-refundable once booked.
- This ticket includes one day entrance with hotel transfers to Yosemite National park and one day entrance to Alcatraz.
- Please be aware transfers from your hotel for Alcatraz are not included, you must make your own way to the Will Call Booth to redeem your voucher and board the Ferry at Pier 33, Embarcadero Street.
- This tour is available on request, subject to availability. Once booked it's non cancellable.
- Please note that due to availability, the order of the tours are subject to change.
- This tour runs daily all year round . It is a two day tour but NOT overnight, you will return to your hotel on both days.
One day of the tour includes your Yosemite Tour.
Hotel collection is from most hotels located in the Downtown and Fisherman`s Wharf areas. If your hotel is not on the list we will offer you the nearest location.Collection times are approximately 6am/7am and returns to your hotel are approximately 8:30pm/9:30pm. Times depend on hotel locations and traffic.
One day of the tour includes your trip to Alcatraz. For this you must make your own way down to Alcatraz Landing and redeem your voucher at the Will Call Booth. This is located at Pier 33, Embarcadero Street. Please ensure you arrive at the booth at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- This tour is not suitable for the less mobile or those who have difficulty walking.*
- TheTree hike is dependent on snow levels and trail conditions, especially during October through to May. When this part of the tour is not possible, more time will be allocated to other sights.
- Shoes or boots with rubber soles and grips are highly recommended as much of this tour is by foot. In winterwe recommendyou wear layered warm clothing.
- Meals and beverages are not included in this tour; however there are stops where food and drink can be purchased at a cost.
- ALL children under the agesof EIGHT (8) must have a car safety seat on the Tour. It will bethe responsibility of the PARENT to bring or book this. Failure to provide a safety seat for your child will result in the forfeit of that seat and no refundcan be given. Children under the age of EIGHT (8) who are taller than 4`9” may use a seat belt and do not need a safety seat. (Local Seat rental companies such as Baby’s Away may be able to assist you and prices are approximately £6 – 10 per child seat. For more information please call us.)
- Some parts of the Yosemite tour might require some level of physical health. The Tree Hike includes 1 mile paved trail with 400ft incline. Much of Alcatraz is steep and hilly, so be prepared for walking long distances uphill. The distance from the dock to the prison at the top of the island is about 1/4 mile (.4 km) and the elevation change is 130 feet (40 meters). This is equivalent to climbing a thirteen story building.Visitors unable to make the climb up Alcatraz's steep road can take advantage of SEAT—Sustainable Easy Access Transport—an electric shuttle that runs twice an hour from the dock to the prison building, and twice an hour from the front of the prison back to the dock. Boarding is available on a first come, first served basis.
- From 1stAugust 2015 ALCATRAZ implemented a new policy whereby they now require ALL Passenger names on EACH booking. This includes children from 5-17 years of age. Please ensure you offer us this information. If your name has not been listed on the booking, you will not gain entry!
- You will need to bring a valid photo ID for EACH passenger on the Alcatraz booking. Photo ID will be checked of all adult guests, 18 years of age or older. The names on thephoto IDsmust match the names on the booking.
- The date you select when booking your ticket is the date your visit to Alcatraz will be reserved.
* Visitors unable to make the climb around Alcatraz can use SEAT (Sustainable Easy Access Transport), an electric shuttle that transports visitors from the docks to the prison. There is a regular schedule each day. Families with small children and strollers CANNOT use SEAT. Seating is available on a first come first serve basis. The following areas are wheelchair accessible: Alcatraz Dock area, Prison Building Main Floor, all Bookstores, Museum Displays and the Island Theater.
When you’ve Booked: You’ll receive an initial confirmation from us immediately. We will then send your booking details to the supplier within 48 hours to request confirmation. Once they confirm that your requested date and ticket is available, we will email your confirmation which will include the local operator’s contact details and any relevant information.